Each year the Suwannee River Livestock Association Inc. awards 2 – $500.00 scholarships to certified members of 4-H, FFA and FCCLA youth development programs in Dixie, Gilchrist, and Levy Counties Florida. Volunteer work at the Suwannee River Fair is required.
SUWANNEE RIVER FAIR SCHOLARSHIP AWARD
- Applicants must be active FFA, FCCLA or 4-H member in good standing in Dixie, Gilchrist or Levy Counties.
- Applicants must be a senior in high school and exhibiting in the current year of the Suwannee River Fair and Livestock Show.
- Application must be made on an approved form and submitted to the Suwannee River Fair business office, P. O. Box 252, Trenton, FL 32693 by 4:30 p.m. of the 1st Wednesday in March.
- Scholarships will be awarded on the basis of information supplied on approved application form including: Financial Need, Scholarship (Grade Point Average), Project Record, Fair Participation, Leadership Experience, Personal Information.
- Volunteer work at the Suwannee River Fair is required. A total minimum of 40 hours are required and must be completed by February 15 of your 12th grade year.
- Recipients must submit proof of enrollment in either college or trade school within 1 year following their award, if not all monies will be forfeited to the SRF Association. Exceptions will be considered by the board on a case by case basis.
- Two – $500.00 scholarships will be awarded and these awards are for attendance at a University or Community College or Trade School.
- Applications will be reviewed anonymously and recipients selected by a committee appointed by the President of the Board of Directors.