This Contest is for youth age 9 by 1 September 2017 and is designed to develop skills in food safety, the preparation and use of meat/chicken/meat products in our nutrition. Safe preparation practices and good food hygiene are primary goals.
2017 Contest Meat/Steaks cooked to medium rare – medium
- Palms Medical Group
|Please write your thank you letter to Palms Medical Group|
- Entry Fee $10.00
- BBQ Contest Entry Form – Pre-registration is required.
- BBQ Contest Rules
- Individual Belt Buckle Contest for ages 9 and up.
- Primary, Junior, Senior: 1st through 6th place ribbons & Cash Awards
- Suwannee River Fair will provide the meat/meat product.
- Each participant will present their barbequed producted to the panel of judges at the conclusion of the contest.
- Plates will be provided at registration. A portion cup will be available if participants want to furnish a sample of BBQ sauce used.
- Record Sheet/Summary Sheet – Bring with you to the contest and tell us what you did to prepare for the contest
- Participants are REQUIRED to view and follow the safety videos for contest.
- Official Dress is Not Required
- Appearance and Cleanliness: It is important that participant be clean with no loose pieces of clothing (to prevent them from catching on fire while barbecuing).
- Clean, neat, safe and dressed in gender appropriate attire
- Dark black jeans, slacks or skirts
- Short sleeve shirt or long sleeve that fits close to arm
- Closed-toed shoes with backs or boots
- Hair should be pulled-back or tied-back and/or under a cap or hat
- Apron should be worn
- Nothing that identifies you or your club/chapter
|General SRF Rules & Regulations|
|BBQ Summary Sheet|
|BBQ Contest Entry Form|
|Chicken Score Card|
|Steak Score Card|
|Levy – BBQ Resources|