In today’s global economy the emphasis on the market and the need of producers to be competitive, calls for better agricultural management and consumer skills. This contest encourages youth to continue expanding their understanding, knowledge, and participation in all areas of agriculture with the opportunity to blend the knowledge and skills acquired into one activity.
Sponsor: Florida Awards & Trophy Co.
Food Safety, Foodborne Illness, Identity Theft, Farm Safety, Pasture and Hay Management, Quality Assurance, and Lifting Safety.
- Entry fee: None
- Individual contest with Primary, Junior and Senior age divisions.
- During the contest participants can start and stop station rotation as needed to compete in other shows and contests. You must turn in your score cards prior to leaving contest area and it is your responsibility to complete this contest.
- Discussing the competition will result in disqualification.
- Areas of study and study materials will be published on mysrf.org.
- Awards – Rosettes top 6 + 1 High point and 1 Reserve High Point Award/Age Division.
Ag-Life Contest Topic Study Guides
Agribusiness is the business of agricultural production. It includes agrichemicals, breeding, crop production (farming and contract farming), distribution, farm machinery, processing, and seed supply, as well as marketing and retail sales.
Agricultural management deals with farming techniques, the domestication of animals, and the general processing of food. There are many agricultural jobs that require management, especially on projects working in the scientific disciplines and with farm labor. With the changing dynamics of global food production, this field is one of the fastest growing in the world.
Information on this page is for informational purposes only and does not imply a contest, event, or show will occur at the Suwannee River Youth Fair. If you find a broken link please email firstname.lastname@example.org