Probably one of the most important tasks you will have is sending thank you letters. Remember — this person or business did NOT have to do this for you! If they purchased your market animal let them know you are grateful. Put yourself in their place: If you were the one who donated some hard-earned money, you would want someone to thank you!
As a participant in the Suwannee River Youth Livestock Show and Sale you are required to write thank you letters to show sponsors, contest sponsors, and market animal buyers.
MARKET ANIMAL SALE CHECK RULES AND PROCEDURES
- All market animal participants are REQUIRED to write an appropriate thank you letter to all buyers.
- Letters MUST BE HANDWRITTEN and placed in an unsealed, stamped, addressed envelope.
- No Torn Pages, and or Frayed Edges will be excepted.
- Letters AT THE MINIMUM MUST include 3 paragraphs with at least 9 sentences, using the following format:
- Paragraph 1: Introduce yourself (name, age, school, club/chapter, what other shows you participate in, etc.);
- Paragraph 2: tell what the project is (steer, swine, horse, rabbit, etc.) and describe what you learned from the project (do not just say “I learned responsibility” or “I learned time management,” but explain how you learned it and why it is important);
- Paragraph 3: Express your appreciation and tell how you intend to use these funds or tell how much you appreciate them and their sponsorship.
- NO FORM LETTERS. Cards are acceptable as long as all other criteria are met.
- Prior to the last day of school, all thank you letters shall be given to the 4-H Agent or FFA Advisor for mailing. 4-H Agents and FFA Advisors will notify the Fair Secretary, at least weekly, as to receipt of Thank You Letters. After the last day of school all thank you letters will be submitted to the Fair Secretary.
- Sale check will be mailed in participants name to the legal guardian address upon receipt of an appropriate thank you letter(s) from exhibitor to their buyer(s).
- The mailing address will be obtained from the official mailing address of the legal parent/guardian on the Market Animal Entry Form.
- After 90 days from Sale Date, any checks that have not been mailed due to lack of proper thank you letters shall be subject to a 15% penalty fee.