MARKET GROUP STEER CONTEST
- A steer group will consist of 3 animals. These animals are to be selected from all steers accepted for entry from each individual 4-H club or FFA chapter participating in the fair. Any club or chapter may enter only one group of steers.
- Groups selected should be uniform by size, conformation and desirable carcass traits. Judging will be based on 50% uniformity and 50% carcass traits.
- Group entries selected for competition by chapter or club shall be submitted to the Superintendent of the show by 12 noon prior to the start of the market steer show.
- Awards will be given to the top 3 groups.
MARKET GAIN IN WEIGHT CONTEST
- Designed to measures the exhibitor’s ability as a herdsman to select and feed an animal for economical gain.
- Steer committee will be responsible for weighing and certifying these weights to the sponsor. Any certified steer entry in the SRF, which meets contest rules, will be eligible to compete.
- Each steer must be identified at the time of weigh-in with an ear tag and EID provided by the association. The show classification weight will be used at the end of the feeding period weight.
- Awards will be given for top 3 places.
Originally posted 2010-09-11 04:03:50. Republished by Blog Post Promoter
Category: Contests Comments off