1. OCVI Required. Goats for exhibition must be accompanied by an OCVI dated not more than 90 days prior to presentation and must be accompanied by evidence of completion of the test requirements or certifications listed in 5C-4.005(3).
2. Identification: Sexually intact goats must be tagged in conformity with the National Scrapie Eradication Uniform Methods and Rules. Only USDA-provided or -approved tags shall be used. USDA-provided tags will either have a unique alphanumeric sequence or a premise number and a production (animal) number within a flock, or a premises number and a unique alphanumeric sequence. A USDA-approved identification may include either an official USDA ear tag, a legible breed registration tattoo accompanied by the registration certificate, or a microchip if the animal originates from a flock enrolled in the voluntary Scrapie Certification Program and the flock owner with a microchip reader accompanies the animal(s).
3. All goats must have a scrapie ID number. (SRF)
Please DO NOT USE EAR TAGS in registered goats ears. All unregistered goats must be scrapies tagged as required by the Florida State Veterinarian and the USDA Scrapies Eradication Guidelines. The USDA Premise Identification Number must appear on the health certificate. Premise ID # may be obtained by calling USDA office at (352) 333-3120. (SRF Rule)
4. Test or Certification Required.
(a) Tuberculosis & (b) Brucellosis
1. Exemption From Test Requirements. There are no tuberculosis or brucellosis test requirements for meat type goats or Florida-origin dairy goats.
Originally posted 2012-09-03 11:35:20. Republished by Blog Post Promoter