5C-4.002 Cattle (Beef & Dairy)
1. OCVI Required. Cattle for exhibition must be accompanied by an OCVI dated not more than 90 days prior to presentation and must be accompanied by evidence of completion of the test requirements or certifications listed in 5C-4.002(2).
2. Test or Certification Required.
1. Cattle may be entered for exhibition without a tuberculin test provided the OCVI identifies the cattle as originating from a Tuberculosis-Free State as defined in rule 5C-7.016(3), Florida Administrative Code, and Accredited Tuberculosis-Free Herd, as defined in rule 5C-7.016(1), Florida Administrative Code, or a herd not under quarantine in a Modified Accredited Tuberculosis State, as defined in rule 5C-7.016(23), Florida Administrative Code. When accredited, the herd accreditation number must be recorded on the OCVI.
2. Other cattle may be entered for exhibition provided the cattle originate from a herd not under quarantine and have a negative tuberculin test within 30 days prior to the date of the exhibition.
3. A positive test on any animal in a designated group disqualifies all animals of the group form exhibition.
1. Vaccination Required. All female dairy cattle four months of age or older born after January 1, 1984 must be officially calfhood vaccinated.
2. No Test Required
Originally posted 2012-09-03 11:32:22. Republished by Blog Post Promoter